Who is this course for?
All relevant personnel.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide personnel with an overview of the requirements and operation of a typical permit to work system
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of the requirements and operation of a typical permit to work system
What standards are referred to in this course?
- The Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974
- HSG 250
- The Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Offshore Installations and Pipeline Works (Management and Administration) Regulations 1995
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) 2002
- The Freedom of Information Act
- The Data Protection Act 1998
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Describe the purpose of a permit to work system and identify when it applies
- Give examples of work which may require a work permit
- Identify the different work permits that are commonly used in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Describe the validity and display requirements for work permits
- Give examples of common additional documentation that may be required to accompany a work permit
- Give an overview of key roles and responsibilities within the permit to work system
- Describe the individual roles and responsibilities of the different personnel involved in the permit to work process
- Explain the purpose of the toolbox talk
- Give an overview of work planning and risk assessment requirements
- Explain the key stages involved in issuing a work permit
- Identify the importance of stopping the job
- Describe what is involved in suspending a work permit
- Outline the requirements for permit renewal
- Describe what is involved in closing a work permit
- Describe shift handover responsibilities
- Outline the work completion requirements
- Identify training and competence requirements
- Identify the main legislative requirements for implementing a permit to work system
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
- Internet access – users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
- System – runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
- Browsers – Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Minimum browser size – none
- Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1234
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes