This eLearning course is aimed at any individual, working in any industry, who may feel under pressure and stressed at work.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Every job can be stressful at times but this stress can have a negative impact on both your work and your personal life. This course will give you an introduction to the primary sources of work-related stress and the measures that you and your employer can take to reduce or prevent stress.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to identify when you and others are stressed so that you can take appropriate action. It will also indicate the responsibilities that your employer has for managing your stress at work.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of how to deal with work-related stress, you can perform better in your role at work. An improved ability to deal with stress will also reduce the number of stress-related health problems and associated absences from work.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Describe the difference between pressure and stress
- Identify the six primary sources of work-related stress
- Describe the signs of stress
- Describe how to deal with stress
- Describe the management best practices for work-related stress
- Internet Access – Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
- System – Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
- Browser – Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
- Minimum browser size – 1024×672
- Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
- Notes – Not suitable for smartphones.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Students 2567
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes