Who is this course for?
All personnel who require basic persona survival knowledge and/or refreshed on the topic.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course gives the learner a basic understanding of the correct behaviour in the event of emergency and an overview of the different types of rescue craft, life rafts, and lifeboats as well as personal lifesaving appliances and emergency alert devices.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a basic understanding of the correct behaviour in the event of emergency and an overview of the different types of rescue craft, life rafts, and lifeboats as well as personal lifesaving appliances and emergency alert devices.
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is based upon the STCW Basic Fire Fighting (A-VI/1-1)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Explain what to do in the event of an evacuation
- Be familiar with the personal life-saving appliances that are on board
- Describe what you must do after evacuating and how helicopter rescue is performed
- Describe different types of communications equipment that are used in emergencies
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
- Internet access – users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
- System – runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
- Browsers – Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Minimum browser size – none
- Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes