Who is this course for?
All relevant personnel.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an insight into the mental health of seafarers.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware the general mental health issues of seafarers, and the contributing factors that can mentally affect a seafarer whilst at sea.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
- Give an overview of the seafaring profession
- Give an overview of the general mental health of seafarers
- Describe the most common mental health issues seafarers can face
- Explain mental health stigma and its consequences
- Describe the contributing factors that can mentally affect a seafarer whilst at sea
- Identify the signs that indicate a fellow seafarer may be suffering from mental health issues
- Give an overview of the guidelines that shipping companies can follow to improve the mental health of seafarers
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1580
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes