This eLearning course is aimed at individuals required to carry out manual handling activities at work.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Manual handling is a major cause of workplace injury in many industries across the world. This course will give you a basic understanding of the dangers of manual handling and how these can be avoided by adopting good practices.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe when carrying out various manual handling tasks at your workplace. It will also explain how to risk assess manual handling activities.
How will the course benefit my company?
By following good practices for manual handling, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. A reduction in incidents means a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify common manual handling injuries and their causes
- Identify your employer’s responsibilities for preventing manual handling injuries
- Identify an individual’s manual handling capability
- Describe and demonstrate how to carry out safe manual handling, including good handling technique
- Describe how to carry loads and put them down safely
- Explain the importance of using rest breaks
- Explain how to carry difficult loads
- Describe how to conduct specific manual handling tasks
- Explain the term ergonomics and how it can affect manual handling tasks
- Explain how to risk assess manual handling situations
- Internet Access – Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
- System – Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
- Browser – Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
- Minimum browser size – 1024×672
- Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
- Notes – Not suitable for smartphones.
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
This course is RoSPA approved. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) has been working towards their vision for life, free from serious accidental injury, since 1916. RoSPA approval offers quality assurance, increasing credibility with customers, the public and staff, and ensuring that the safety content of courses is correct. www.rospa.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Students 5789
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes