This eLearning course is aimed at individuals who will be involved in decommissioning projects, or have a need to understand the decommissioning process.Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Decommissioning offshore installations is a growing part of the oil and gas industry, as reservoirs become depleted and installations age. This course will give you a basic overview of the decommissioning process and the types of installation that may be decommissioned.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to understand the activities and timeline involved in decommissioning and the factors to be considered during planning.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the process and timeline for decommissioning activities, you can contribute to the successful delivery of your company’s decommissioning projects.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course contains references to international legislation governing decommissioning, such as the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) of 1982 and OSPAR Decision 98/3. It also references the need to familiarise yourself with applicable local legislation and is written to current industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify decommissioning as a key part of the asset life-cycle
- List the key factors that can influence decommissioning timings, costs and programmes
- Identify the main types of offshore infrastructure
- Summarise the key regulations governing decommissioning
- Outline the key phases of the decommissioning process
- Describe the purpose of the Decommissioning Programme or Plan
- List the key criteria used for comparative assessments of decommissioning options
- Recognise the requirement for effective stakeholder management
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 356
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes