Who is this course for?
This course is aimed towards all Oil and Gas personnel
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to introduce learners to the concept of human factors and how they impact on situational awareness
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the concept of human factors and how they impact on situational awareness
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is made according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Define what is meant by the term “”human factors””
- Identify the key contributors to the loss of situational awareness
- Recognise the potential causes of stress and fatigue (both work and non-work related)
- Recognise the symptoms of stress and fatigue in yourself and others
- Explain how important good communication is in limiting incidents and accidents
- Explain why following processes and procedures is a key part of ensuring safety in the workplace
- Recognise how carefully pre-planning your actions, and responses, helps to improve performance and reduce human-based error
- Explain how to maintain good situational awareness
- Internet access – users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
- System – runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
- Browsers – Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Minimum browser size – none
- Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 35 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Students 678
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes