This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who are required to carry out a work task or visit an asset where asbestos may be present.Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Exposure to asbestos is associated with lung cancer and other respiratory diseases. This course will give you a basic understanding of the properties of asbestos and where it may be encountered in the oil and gas industry.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe if you encounter asbestos at work. It will also outline the process for removing and disposing of asbestos.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of asbestos, you can prevent the harmful effects of exposure happening to your fellow workers and yourself. You will be able to help your company to manage asbestos exposure at your work site.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course is based around the British HSE Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and also references industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify what asbestos is
- Recognise types and properties of asbestos
- Identify the dangers of asbestos
- Explain why asbestos regulations and guidance are in place
- Identify the responsibilities of employers
- Identify where asbestos can be found in the oil and gas industry
- Identify those at risk of exposure
- Identify the steps you must take if asbestos is encountered
- Identify the risks from asbestos
- Identify who should be responsible for carrying out asbestos-related work
- Identify the Personal Protective Equipment that must be worn when handling or disturbing asbestos-containing materials
- Explain the process that must be followed when removing and handling products containing asbestos
- Identify the steps that must be taken to safely dispose of asbestos waste
- Internet Access – Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
- System – Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
- Browser – Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
- Minimum browser size – 1024×672
- Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
- Notes – Not suitable for smartphones.
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors.www.cpuk.co.uk
This course is IATP accredited. The Independent Asbestos Training Providers website only lists asbestos training providers that have submitted documentary evidence confirming their compliance with the regulations, including independent external audits where necessary. iatp.org.uk
This course is RoSPA approved. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) has been working towards their vision for life, free from serious accidental injury, since 1916. RoSPA approval offers quality assurance, increasing credibility with customers, the public and staff, and ensuring that the safety content of courses is correct. www.rospa.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 589
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes